Air India Group Set to Receive New Aircraft Every Six Days Till 2024

  • Publish date: Friday، 20 October 2023
Air India Group Set to Receive New Aircraft Every Six Days Till 2024

Starting from November this year, Air India Group is gearing up to receive a new aircraft approximately every six days, lasting until the end of 2024. This major step is a part of the airline's extensive expansion plans.

The conglomerate consists of several airlines, including Air India, Air India Express, AIX Connect, and Vistara, all under the ownership of the Tatas. As the group aims to grow, the Tatas are simultaneously working on consolidating their airline business.

During the recent reveal of Air India Express' new brand identity, Air India's CEO, Campbell Wilson, confirmed the plan for frequent aircraft deliveries. He announced, "Air India Group is to take delivery of one new aircraft every six days on an average till the end of 2024."

Earlier in the year, an order for 470 aircraft, worth $70 billion, was placed with Airbus and Boeing by Air India.

Air India Group is also undergoing internal restructuring. The plan will see Air India Express and AirAsia India becoming one, and Vistara merging with Air India. Notably, Vistara's ownership is divided between the Tatas, holding 51%, and Singapore Airlines, owning the remaining 49%.

The merging of Air India Express and AIX Connect is reportedly almost finalized.

This aggressive expansion and restructuring followed Tata Group's acquisition of Air India in January 2022, which had been experiencing financial difficulties.

Follow us on our Whatsapp channel for latest news